Please DONATE! Help Someone "Take Back Their Life" TODAY! We Are a Registered IRS 501c3 Nonprofit

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where to Start,,,,,,,,,,,,

Man this just is not going to be pretty,,,,,Some may not be happy with, agree or like what I say,,,,but here we go,,,,

There are a few reasons in the last year that I have become so much more serious, intense and stubborn about my drive to "Change the Face of Homelessness" and also to change the attitiudes of many of the Homeless Assistance Organizations(HAO). I will attempt to describe the issues here as best I can. They are vast, sometimes complicated, gray-liners but I "Have To" address them.

I will begin with a few examples from the last year, which have really pushed me over the edge to step up my efforts in this work that I do. They will seem like generalizations, but trust me they are real and very specific.

When I say "we", I am typically meaning the HAO's(Homeless Assistance Organizations) or any type assistance organization for that matter,,,BUT NOT all of them.

1) I will touch on the handling of "personal belongings" issue.
2) The bringing of a Homeless individual from the woods/streets into housing and receiving disability checks.
3) The prescibing of medications(anti-depressants) to the Homeless.
4) The mentalities of HOA's and providing of food, clothing, tents, etc to those on the streets.

More tomorrow 4/23/09 as I need some sleep,,,thanks for stopping by!