Please DONATE! Help Someone "Take Back Their Life" TODAY! We Are a Registered IRS 501c3 Nonprofit

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Here We Go,,,,,,,

First of all, I am NOT new to this thing we call Chronic Homelessness or Homelessness in general for that matter. I have been in it and Suicide Prevention for almost 24 years. I am tired of seeing complacency in the Homeless Assistance World and aim to change the attitudes of it.

We are: Straight Ahead Outreach-Taking Back Your LIfe

Our Website: http://sites.google.com/site/straightaheadoutreach/Home


Yes, I believe I get my talents from Jesus, all of them, however I am not the type to say "Have a Blessed Day". Forgive me if that makes you uneasy. I have a very close very intimate relationship with Jesus and he has helped or allowed me to help many people going on over 23 years since 1985. He uses me as a tool. Period. I am honored, sometimes frustrated, sometimes very upset, but nonetheless grateful for his trust.

The work I do with the Homeless and Suicidal is all directed by Jesus, that is why it works so well. It surely is not because of me. Period.

I have never "lost one" yet and I pray to Jesus I never do. If I "lose" that means the person I am helping loses,,,,,and we surely do not want that.

Through Jesus, I strive for permanent results, not temporary. I strive to get the homeless OUT of the homeless assistance cycle NOT keep them in it.

MISSION STATEMENT

To provide a relaxing atmosphere which promotes and allows room for change.
We will strive to provide relief to the poor, distressed, underprivileged and depressed.
To ease neighborhood tensions along with combating community deterioration and the over all community delinquency.
To remove our “friends in need” from the community as a tension force and
"set them free" as a viable, positive contributing force to the community as a changed, New Person via their own strengths, their peers’ assistance and our assistance.

To be creative in our approach to the issues.

Having the goal of getting our "friends in need" out of the homeless assistance system, self reliant and our friends for life.